Friday, June 8, 2012

How do I feel?

Three weeks from today I will be driving to Atlanta with Lisa and Julianna (Lisa's adopted daughter and Marina's best friend from the orphanage) to pick up Marina for the hosting stay.  Seven weeks we will have together while the adoption process takes its course.

How do I feel?
Much like a mother who is about to give birth... on one hand, beyond excited... on the other hand, wanting to feel every moment with my existing 'family' before everything changes.  I remember feeling this way before giving birth to Milana - taking extra moments to appreciate just being Marbella's mommy before everything changed. God knew how our family would grow long before I was born.  He knew Marbella was going to be a beautiful tender first born child.  He knew Milana was going to be the precious spunky "baby" of the family.  He also knew long before Marina was born that she would be added to our mix and become the big sister to these two precious blonde haired blue eyed little girls.  The fact that He knew all of that and the fact that He ordained all of that makes this all so much easier.  He gave me the gift of Marbella... then the gift of Milana... and now the gift of Marina.  As I write adjectives about Marbella and Milana, I realize that I don't have any to describe Marina.  I can't wait for the opportunity to get to know her so that I can give you some wonderful adjectives to describe her as well!

At the same time, I am not going to lie to you... I feel a bit of fear.  I know - fear doesn't come from God but rather the enemy - but I am sure you can understand why.  Unlike Marbella and Milana, Marina has a choice.  She can choose to be a part of our family... or she can choose to stay at the orphanage until she ages out.  Regardless of why she would do that... she can.

I also feel so blessed to have you all to share in this excitement... to share in this journey... to share in the anticipation.  As I continue to reiterate in every post, your prayers are so important to us. Our specific prayers right now are for a safe journey here for Marina... a safe journey for us as we travel to Atlanta to get her and bring her back to Dallas... and a time of bonding with both us and the girls.      Thank you so much... you are a blessing to us all!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment