Saturday, February 2, 2013

Day 2 - Temptation

I promise - you are not going to get a day by day, play by play for the next seven months.  But I do want to share when we feel moved by the Holy Spirit.

Today was a great day - A surprise visit from my amazing cousin, Janna... Milana's precious winter ballet/tap recital... an incredible message at church (Matt has started Nehemiah)... and amazing weather!!!

As we were leaving church, several of our friends decided to go out to dinner.  And as each one asked us if we were going, we had to decline the invitation.  I will admit, I was sad as I kept having to say no.  But as Marbella, Milana, Andy, and I sat down for dinner at our own kitchen table, Andy began to bless our food.  He gave thanks for the opportunity to worship our sweet Savior by being obedient to His call to avoid extra spending this month.  At that moment, everything felt right.  Yes, I missed being able to have an evening of fellowship with my friends, but at that very moment I knew I was exactly where God wanted me to be, doing exactly what He wanted me be doing.  One thing I have been learning over the past few months, there is absolutely no better place to be than in His obedience.  It could be something as easy as saying no to an evening with friends or as challenging as an adoption... when you do something in obedience, you will never regret it.  Don't be afraid to say "YES" to the nudging of the Holy Spirit.

By the way - Milana loved her Minnie Mouse lollipop bouquet!!!  Cost - $0.00 :)

 

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete