Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Contact!!!

If you are new to the blog, please take a moment to read the post "When God Calls, How do you Respond?"  It will explain how we got here!!!

I can't tell you the emotions that flooded through my body when I found out that Marina accepted my FaceBook friend request!!!  She even "liked" a picture of the girls!!!  I then wrote to her that we are all very excited about her upcoming visit.  Our very first correspondence!!!  I couldn't take my eyes off the message I wrote to her.  I am not sure if I was hoping that she would somehow still be on FB (4 hours later... she rarely even gets access) or if I was just amazed that these were my first words to a young lady who would soon be my daughter.  Why wouldn't I be amazed???  Why wouldn't I be frozen still???  Wasn't I flooded with emotion when I first made contact with Marbella and Milana (outside of the womb!  :o))  It didn't even occur to me that she won't be able to understand my message because I typed it in English.  Thank goodness for Google Translate!!!

We are currently waiting for our Home Study Report to be completed so we can submit it.  Once that occurs, we will be in our first "holding pattern."  We have taken care of everything else we can do up to this point.  That feels good!  I feel like I am in a different "holding pattern" wondering when she will see my message and respond.

2 comments:

  1. That is hilarious that you typed in English and didn't even think about it! You better start learning Ukrainian. I'm sure she will pick up a ton of English this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! We have started learning the numbers and alphabet! Thankfully we can communicate using Google Translate... plus we will have Julianna to help! Details... :)

    ReplyDelete