Thursday, May 24, 2012

Sweet Marina Responds...

When writing a blog and sharing our story, I always have to be aware of what I say.  I don't ever want to step over my bounds and share something that Marina would not want me to.  Her feeling safe is my first priority!  At the same time, I don't think she would mind if I share with you her first contact with me.  I woke up yesterday morning and grabbed my phone secretly hoping she had already received my message on FB... just a simple message letting her know how excited we are to see her this summer.  Nothing intimate... nothing scary... nothing that stepped over a line.  I simply signed the message "Love, Karin."
To my delight I saw the following FB message... her very first words to me...

hi mom i want to see you too this summer i love you too)))))


Can you imagine what I was feeling???  Now just to be clear, the term "mom" is used very loosely over there.  It does not represent the same intimacy that we share with our children when using that term.  But that didn't matter.  Tears weld up in my eyes and my heart was over flowing.  Lord - thank you for that precious gift.  Thank you for filling my heart.  Thank you for allowing me a moment with Marina that I would not have otherwise gotten without FB.  Lord - you always know just exactly what I need at the very moment I need it.  Thank you for leading us on this amazing journey!




3 comments: