Saturday, October 13, 2012

A Great Night Together

After a flurry of activity this past week to get geared up and ready to go, the trip is finally here.  Whew! The journey is just beginning and I can say, I'm ready to take the next step, but today it is about the right here and right now - our family.  This afternoon we flew in to Orlando to meet up with my parents and my sister and her family.  It is great to be with family.  As I sit writing this note, we're all still up in the condo and just chatting and enjoying the company of family.  It reminds me that the entire process of events is about family - showing the love of Christ and living His will as a family of believers.  Our time here will be brief, but the moments are sweet.  A great memory that we will take with us tomorrow as we depart on our trip to the Ukraine.

Tomorrow (Sunday) around noon, my Dad will drive Karin and I down to the airport in Miami.  Pray for protection and safety tomorrow as we journey east.  Our flight departs Miami at 6:05pm Eastern.  We arrive 9 hours later in Dusseldorf, Germany where we will have a 2 hour layover before we depart to Kiev, finally arriving at 3pm local time in Kiev.  As an FYI, the current time difference is +8 hours from Dallas.

More updates to come.

Andy

1 comment:

  1. K & A...I am praying for an uneventful flight tonight where you can get some sleep. I know your little girls are in good hands. Can't wait for you to reunite with your big girl. :)

    ReplyDelete