Friday, October 5, 2012

One Step Closer - Travel Booked

Long overdue for me (Andy) to make an appearance on the blog.  I thought I'd catch you up on some of the travel logistics and details that we are working through as we prepare to head to the Ukraine in just 8 days! 

First, as I said in the title, our travel is arranged! Soon after we discovered the immediacy of our trip to Ukraine I quickly tried to gain control of a situation that is being run by God.   Can you imagine seeing the water boy grabbing the clipboard and headphones and attempting to run the offense of the Unconquered Florida State Seminole football team? How does that work out? You get the point.  It didn't take long for me to realize I was over my head and then I was reminded about what Paul says in Ephesians 6:16, In all circumstances take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming darts of the evil one. (Full context) So, can you guess what happened next?  Yes, that's right, when I decided to let go an not to control things, the Lord quickly showed his control over circumstances and quickly aligned the ideal solution.  

So, Saturday Karin, Marbella, Milana and I will be heading east to Orlando to meet up with my parents and my sister's and her family as they start a week long vacation at Walt Disney World. How's that for perfect timing and a perfect distraction for our girls as Mommy and Daddy depart for a trip of unknown length (although we're praying for extreme brevity - and you can too!).

On Sunday my dad will drive Karin and I to Miami where we will depart to the Ukraine on Lufthansa.  Our routing is very efficient as we will be in the Ukraine 14 hours after we depart Miami.  We are traveling direct from Miami to Dusseldorf, Germany where we will have a brief 2 hour layover and then fly direct to Kiev and arrive at 3:05PM on Monday, October 15. 

I'll follow up with another post with details and timelines of what happens after we arrive to Kiev.

I could use your specific prayers in the area of time management and clarity as we work to arrange many things during the next week.  I will be out of town in California on Monday - Wednesday next week for business, so my time in Dallas is extremely limited prior to our departure.


Blessings to you all.  Thanks for following and your interest in this journey.  

Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment